The Institute is owned and managed by the Consolata Missionaries as part of their charisma, of human promotion.
The Institute is located in Kirinyaga County, at the outskirts of Sagana Town, along Sagana-Embu road next to Sagana Police Station. The Institute was initially started in 1970 as a vocational school to equip young men with technical skills to be self-reliant and to uplift their living standards. It was later transformed into a Technical Secondary School. The Institute is registered by the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology of Kenya under TVETA registration number 671 in the schedule of accredited institutions by TVETA.
With the change of education system in Kenya, the Institute underwent a transition and became a Technical Training Institute and admitted students in Artisan courses such as Masonry, Carpentry & Joinery, Craft programs, i.e Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, Motor vehicle mechanics and printing technology were introduced in 1990. The Institute has continued diversifying training programs and started diploma courses in the Year 2007. It has been performing well and has been registering good results in Kenya National examinations. This has been attributed to good discipline and the endeavour to nurture better Christians and morally upright future technicians, engineers, managers etc.
Sagana Technical Training Institute is widely recognized as one of the top middle level colleges in Kenya. We’ve worked hard to build a reputation and now offer a wide range of qualifications and professional development in a beautiful rural environment that incorporates excellent facilities. It’s this combination that makes us unique and, when coupled with our commitment to innovation in teaching, learning and assessment, and focus on student support, it means everyone who joins us is shortly on course to succeed.
This commitment to being the best is on-going and we have invested a lot of money in the recent years to provide world-class facilities in which you can learn and grow. With leisure, social and sporting facilities to match, everything is in place for you to join us and have the time of your life.
To be a Centre of Excellence for Vocational Education and Training providing quality training programmes, promoting human dignity and moral values.
To be a leading Technical Training Institute in the provision of quality technical, vocational and entrepreneurial skills.
Sala, Elimu na Kazi
Sagana Technical Training Institute has structured its operations, training and educational programs around the following Core Values:
- Accountability: Accountability is essential for an environment of learning. Those who are accountable stand by their words and actions, taking full responsibility for what they create and for what they contribute to the community.
- Respect: Respect is a requirement for enhancing learning. Community members who respect themselves and others help create a safe, yet open, climate of learning.
- Responsibility:Responsibility is the root of success. Students who assume personal responsibility for their education will reach their goals. Responsible students also make contributions to their communities.
- Critical thinking: Critical thinking is the fundamental purpose of higher education. The ability to solve problems through the application of the appropriate skills is critical to all disciplines.
- Communication: Communication is increasingly the key competency for living and working in the information age. Communicating effectively in oral and written forms through traditional and new media is a powerful tool for personal and career success.
- Collaboration: Collaboration, by bringing together individual knowledge and talents, creates teams that are greater than the sum of their parts. Such teamwork maximizes benefits to individuals and the surrounding community.